I requested to get approval for category Beauty, but amazon denied it. Below is the response.
Thank you for your application to sell in the Beauty category. Unfortunately, we cannot grant your request at this time as the invoices which you have provided is not acceptable because we are not accepted invoices from online vendor. Please review our previous correspondence regarding the specific actions you will need to take before we can review your request further.
I am not sure what they mean by “Online Vendor”. The invoices I presented are original and authentic.
the previous correspondence is the same as this one. for reference, below is the previous message from them
Thank you for your interest in selling on Amazon.com.
As part of your application to sell in the Beauty category, I’d like to inform you that you have provided invoices from online vendor which is not acceptable as per Amazon guidelines, we require additional information.
We accept invoices, sales invoices, purchase orders or commercial invoices. We do not accept retail receipts, packing slips, sales orders, invoices from an online retailer, or pro-forma invoices.
Request you to please provide us invoices or any one document from list 1.
Option #1: One legible, scanned or clearly photographed vendor invoices for the products you intend to sell in the category. Please ensure the documentation submitted meets our requirements as outlined here:
· Invoices must be dated within the last 180 days, or showing item delivery or purchase within the last 180 days
· Invoices must have your name or issuing business name
· Invoices must have contact information for your business (e.g. address, phone number, email or website)
· Invoices must have the names of the products you purchased
· Invoices must have document issuer’s name, address, phone number, email or website
· Please obscure pricing information (optional)
Acceptable Documents List 1
• U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) New Dietary Ingredient (NDI) Notification
• Proof of U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) registration.
You can search for and print confirmation of proof of registration as follows:
• Log in to the FDA site by going to http://www.access.fda.gov
• View a summary of your registration information by clicking on the registration number.
• Select “Print Registration” and send us the screenshot.
Please attach the required documentation to your email response (e.g., as a PDF file or an image file). We reserve the right to verify all submitted documentation including contacting any product vendors you identify in your application.
In most cases, we will respond to you within 24 hours after you send this information.
Thank you for selling with Amazon,
Is there any hint what they mean by “Online Vendor”?
They don’t beleive you are in the beauty sales business and thus have no business selling on Amazon
They rightly beleive that you buy things online, to sell on Amazon
They don’t want product flippers, they want people who are in the business of selling beauty products
Please login first to submit.