How to get your products as lightning deals on Amazon – Latest Technique
01 Jun 2016
Just spotted today, first by the AmzSecrets.com team, is Amazon’s new tool to seeing if your products qualify as lightning deals.
Lightning deals, we’re previously manually chosen by Amazon employees based on performance. Today, Amazon is using algorithms, and a new interface for sellers to easily add epic lightning deals into the fray.
Step 1: Go into advertising > Lightning deals
Step 2: Lightning deals dashboard, create, and approve lightning deals based on recommendations from Amazon.
Lightning deal is a time bound, promotional offer in which an item is featurerd for several hours on the Amazon deals page. You can use lightning deals dashboard to submit applications to create a lightning deal.
All deals require Amazon’s approval, but this is the first time an interface has been approved for the seller.
Updated: We beat Amazon to the punch: Today they announced Lightning deals for everyone:
New feature: Create your own Lightning Deals
Customers love Lightning Deals, and they can provide great benefits for you as well:
- More visibility: Lightning Deals appear on the Deals page, one of the most visited pages on Amazon.
- Halo effect: Lightning Deals may help drive additional customer discovery and sales both during and after the deal.
- Clear out inventory: Lightning Deals can help you sell down overstock or seasonal products.
For more information, see the Lightning Deals Overview help page or create your first Lightning Deal.
Update: This method is confirmed! 9/30/2016
This was actually confirmed by Amazon.com in SellerCentral.
Amazon automatically checks out your metrics. Based on a per product basis, your product then has the option to get selected:
Step 1 – Create a Lightning Deal. Your deal as a seller will be possible if you qualify:
Step 2: Once you select your deal, you get presented with options of when you can launch that perspective deal. You get a deal window range of time. You also select how many potential units can be done for the deal.
Step 3: View your upcoming deals. At this point, the specific date has been arranged by Amazon, and it’s go time!
In all, lightning deals can bring great success or just be average.
Best products for lightning deals?
I recently had a Lightning deal, and it went okay. It was an accessory item to another item, and so my theory is some things sell better than others. Main core products probably sell the best and are most effective, rather than add-on accessory problems. We talk about that all in our Amazon Podcast.
Lightning Deal related questions with answers:
- I’ve done 3 lightning deals with products that sell at least 20/day now.
- How many sales/how big of a boost do you see from Lightning Deals on day of and …
- Do you have to have a recommendation in order to create a lightning deal?
- Lighting Deals question: I received an email from Amazon that I’m qualified for Amazon…
- I’ve a couple of questions about Lightning Deals. I had a product of mine come up in…
- Regarding lighting deals, is it only possible to do it on their recommended list or is …
Amazon Seller Tools for ourselves, and for you, which we use to supercharge our Amazon listings and build epic kindoms. Comes with a 7 day trial.
Facebook Group Community - Come join us. Contribute. No newb questions.
Come on the show - I am looking for more kings to come on the show. Give back, share expertise. Network like no other with large exposure.