Menu

I need some help here. I have a supplier manufacturing a product for me. I sent them the 30% down as it was stated in my purchase contract. Now, they told me the product is ready to be shipped they requested the remaining payment which is 70% + the shippi

0
0

I need some help here. I have a supplier manufacturing a product for me. I sent them the 30% down as it was stated in my purchase contract. Now, they told me the product is ready to be shipped they requested the remaining payment which is 70% + the shipping cost. I went to Western Union and sent the money. Two hours later I got a call from WU telling the will hold the money because the transaction is sort of risky and they don’t want me to lose the money. They want me to get my money back and they gave a tracking number to get my money. When I asked a couple of questions, they said it is not safe to money person to person; tit would be more secure if I am sending to a company instead of a person. I supplier I am dealing with gave me the company name, an ID Card No and address but they also gave a name of a person to send the money to.
I am kind of confuse; can someone give me some advice about what to do?

 

  • You must to post comments
0
0

I recently used western union for something a little bit outside my normal scope of business, and all I can say is it was the worst wire transfer experience of my life. They LOVE freezing stuff and rejecting stuff for any little reason they can, and I ended up having to open a western union business account (adding like 10 days to my schedule) in order to send the funds. Most banks will do an international transfer for $40-45 flat fee. Your western union fee is cheaper than that.

  • You must to post comments
0
0

I can confirm this. I tried to use WU for my first payment. I literally spent like 4 hours going to 3 locations and calling on the phone, only for them to eventually say they didn’t do international wire transfers. BS. I will never use them again.

  • You must to post comments
0
0

From what I heard in different podcasts, NEVER use Western Union to transfer $$ to a Supplier in China. Use Allibaba’s payment service, Paypal or Credit Card if possible. They say that if a supplier asks for WU only, you should run from them. Besides why go with the cheapest service? You want to ensure a safe transaction you should not focus on cheap. My 2cents. Good Luck

  • You must to post comments
0
0

After my initial transaction with WU which took way too long and forced me to answer many questions and verify a lot of info, all other transactions since have gone smooth.

  • You must to post comments
Showing 4 results
Your Answer

Please first to submit.