Received this email today, I don’t sell books but looks promising for those that do. I just wonder why an email and not a notification on the dashboard for all to see?
We are making three important changes for sellers who sell Media products on the Amazon Marketplace on Amazon.com:
1. Sellers will be able to offer free shipping and set their own shipping prices on Books, Music, Video, and DVD products.
Effective March 1, 2017, you will be able to set your own shipping prices for Standard delivery and set different shipping prices by region for Expedited, Two-Day, or International delivery. Your current shipping settings and shipping prices will be retained when the new capability launches on March 1. Beginning on that date, you can adjust your shipping prices for Books, Music, Video, and DVD products using Shipping Settings.
2. Sellers will be able to compete for the Buy Box for Books in new condition.
Starting in late Q1 2017, eligible sellers will be able to compete for the Buy Box for Books in new condition. The Buy Box is the display on the product detail page with the Add to Cart button that customers can use to add items to their shopping carts. When one of your listed items appears as the default on the product detail page, you win the Buy Box, which can increase your chances of selling that item. To compete for the Buy Box, both your selling account and your listed item must be eligible. Becoming eligible to compete for the Buy Box doesn’t guarantee that you will win it (https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/200418100). You can increase your chances by pricing your items competitively, offering Prime and free shipping, providing great customer service, and keeping stock available (https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/201687550).
3. Changes to Selling on Amazon fees.
We will be making two changes to how Selling on Amazon fees are charged for Media products (including Books, Music, Video, DVD, Software, and Video Games). These fee changes will not take effect until March 1, 2017, to give you time to plan accordingly.
1) Variable Closing Fees (VCF): The VCF charge in Media product categories (Books, Music, Video, DVD, Software, and Video Games) will increase to $1.80 from $1.35 per item. This charge will appear as a Closing Fee (CF) instead of as a VCF to avoid confusion, as it will be a fixed fee rate and not variable.
2) Referral fees: Currently, the referral fee for Media products is an applicable percentage of an item’s sales price (excluding any shipping or gift wrap charges). Effective March 1, 2017, the referral fee will instead be calculated on the total sales price (the total amount paid by the customer, including the item price and any shipping or gift wrap charges), as follows:
- Books, Music, Video, DVD, Software, Video Games (non-console): VCF – $1.35 per item; referral fee – 15% of the item price
- Video Game Consoles: VCF – $1.35 per item; referral fee – 8% of the item price
- Books, Music, Video, DVD, Software, Video Games (non-console): CF – $1.80 per item; referral fee – 15% of the total sales price
- Video Game Consoles: CF – $1.80 per item; referral fee – 8% of the total sales price
- You must login to post comments