– When ordering the new products from manufacturers abroad, which address do we provide them with, Amazon fulfilment center? and where would that be?
– Also Does Amazon unpack the package once they receive it from manufacturer and repackage it for us in smaller quantities as we wish? ie: like packages of 2 items.
– Are there any taxes or custom fees involved as well if shipping directly to Amazon?
I use a freight forwarder and the goods arrive in the US first before then going onto AMZ that’s how I’ve always done it.
You should do case packed (e.g. I usually have them do like 150 units inside a carton with each unit having it’s own packaging using my branding etc)
Customs / fees etc -> goes back to my freight forwarder thing. They handle that and then it’s just in my bill.
1. Freight forwarder handles all this. So that I don’t have to think.
2. That’s just what they do. No reason that I’m aware of.
3. You would tell your supplier. Here is my logo. Put this on my packaging. (Check out the course inside the AmaSuite members area – lots of this is covered)
4. You need a website to do brand registry…
if it’s the first time you are order from the supplier, you need to be able to check the quality and quantity. Your can do this yourself or have a prep service do it for you.
If you use DHL or UPS, they will handle the customs work for you and bill you for any charges. If you use a freight forwarder they should handle customs. It’s a little tricky to ship directly to Amazon at first. Amazon will not be the Importer of Record and your customs agent (or DHL, UPS, etc.) must contact Amazon in advance of shipping any inventory. If you don’t have a US business presence, then you need to file as a Foreign Importer.
Here are the customs/freight forwarders I trust: MarineAirLand.com.
Please login first to submit.